Friday, April 9, 2010

Trainer Spotlight: Heidi Meyer-Spidell

Heidi Meyer-Spidell is one of our amazing AQx Master Trainers and is the acting Aquatic Fitness Director at Pinnacle Health and Fitness in Madison, Wisconsin. She hosts a 12 week Aqua Boot Camp and various other water running clinics. She also privately works with clients both runners and non-runners. “I have a lot of success,” says Heidi, “especially with clients getting back their muscular conditioning after different joint injuries.” Heidi is an ACE Certified Group and Personal Trainer, is certified by the Aquatic Exercise Association, and is certified by the Midwest Aquatic Fitness Association.

Heidi became interested in AQx after attending one of Pauline Ivens’s “Just Running” workshops which highlight the AQx system. After the workshop she “did all of the research that I could to find out about Dr. Killgore. I was impressed, intrigued and wanted more. I did everything that I could on my own studying and working on the technique.” Next, Heidi traveled to Orlando, Florida to the International Aquatic Fitness Conference where she met and trained with Dr. Killgore to become an AQx Master Trainer. “He was absolutely amazing.”

Heidi not only uses AQx to train others, she also uses the AQx system to assist in her own running endeavors. Years ago, Heidi incurred an injury in her knee and her “muscle tone never fully recovered because of continuous pain…I could only run a few miles in pain and averaged just over a ten minute mile pace.” Then she got into the water with AQx and improved her conditioning. “Now I am signed up for my first marathon in May! I completed my first two half marathons last year at about a 7:40/mile pace."


Here is what other people have to say about Heidi:

"Heidi Meyer-Spidell has taken the knowledge acquired through AQx and used it to positively impact our members in general. Her skills also give our organization a competitive advantage. On an individual bases she has aided members working through injuries that have allowed them to successfully return to their recreational activities. We truly appreciate the impact Heidi has had on our members.” --Mike McMahon, Owner/President Pinnacle Health + Fitness

“I came to Heidi two years ago after suffering several years of knee pain from running. I decided I had to reduce my mileage, but I needed other cross-training opportunities to compensate for the reduction. I am a terrible swimmer, so that really wasn't an option. Fortunately, Heidi's deep water running training has helped me fill that void with a tremendous non-impact workout. My knees have been largely pain-free in the past two years. Heidi's training helped me complete my first marathon and simultaneously qualify for Boston. I can't say enough about Heidi's personal approach. She has taken a true interest in my goals and is helping me attain them.” --Tim McCauley

“I am new to water running and I absolutely love it! It has helped me with my stride and my endurance! Heidi pays close attention to everyone's form and encourages you to work harder. I look forward to her class every week!” --Teresa Christianson

“Honestly, I was skeptical at first with the idea of "water running", only because I did not know much about it. Now, being a seasoned "water runner", I am truly amazed by this program! I considered myself in very good shape before this program, but now I am a faster and stronger runner because of this program, and because of my trainer, Heidi Spidell. Heidi is so 'tuned in' to when you have reached your individual plateau; she does not back down when it's time to push forward in your water running training. I know this is something I can do the rest of my life--injury free! Thanks Heidi!” --Kim Vandivier

No comments:

Post a Comment